The Apollo 13 strain is one powerful bud and will have you blasting off into another dimension if you’re not careful. It’s known for its psychedelic properties and spacey high, so you might really just feel like you’re on another planet. Apollo 13 has a really refreshing and herby flavor profile as well (somewhat reminiscent of tea and hardwood) and is great for its uplifting effects.
Apollo 13 is a rare cannabis strain that is extremely hard to get a hold of. Since its creation, it has remained one of the most sought after strain. Apollo 13, Originally bred by Brothers Grimm using two of their own esteemed strains Princess 75 and a phenotype of Jack Herer, is itself a legendary strain.
Apollo 13 is a sativa-dominant strain. Besides the normal version of the strain, there is also an indica dominant variant that goes under the same name.
About Apollo 13 Strain
Apollo 13 provides a rare opportunity for users. Bred by Brothers Grimm, this sativa-dominant strain will leave you wondering if gravity still exists. It is said that only 500 seeds were created from the original plant, so if you get your hands on the original seeds, don’t let them go. This strain, a cross between Genius and Princess 75, lends itself to creativity while providing an uplifting feeling and the sense of energy and euphoria. The long-lasting high in this strain, coupled with its slow rise, result in a psychedelic and spacey head high. The herbal flavor leaves a tea and skunk aftertaste followed by a pungent earthy, spicy scent with a citrus fruity undertone.
History Of Apollo 13 Strain
Apollo 13 refers to the lunar mission in 1970, but with everything the strain can do, leaving users spacey is not one of them… usually. Like many Sativa-dominant strains, it delivers a mental high that induces creative thinking. For most people, the buzzing head high does not cause one to be impaired. But once the tolerance limit is breached, then the users do travel in space as the psychedelic effects kick in.
Since the plant requires very little attention and usually produces flowers in seven to eight weeks, it’s perfect for any grower. It can be grown both indoors and outdoors. Because of the flexibility it offers, breeders have come up with many versions of Apollo marijuana.
Apollo 13 Effects
According to the Apollo 13 information on consuming, this weed is best used during the daytime. The strain is good at relieving minor aches, however, it’s not effective against severe pain. It’s also known to increase appetite and treat nausea.
Apollo 13 is a good help to regain your strength at the end of a long day. If you are tired of the daily hustle, this strain will be your safe haven – a secret tool to escape the everyday routine. It will provide you a burst of energy, allowing you to stay active and get rid of the fatigue keeping you down. Soon after you take the weed, it will improve your mood, making you more sociable and positive. That’s why this weed is often used if you want to spend time with your friends.
Thanks to the soothing effect of this strain, taking it softens the muscles without causing laziness. On the opposite, the drug delivers an energy surge that will motivate the user to complete his tasks, preventing fatigue and other after-effects.
Read carefully the information on how to consume Apollo 13 properly and find the right dosage for you. If consumed properly, you will notice sparks in energy and creativity.
Similar Strains to Apollo 13
- Super Glue: Superglue is an indica-leaning hybrid strain that produces a functional and relaxing high to the mind and body. Smelling of pine and a sweet caramel aroma, this strain is bred by Seedism Seeds. Superglue is made by crossing Afghani and Northern Light. Those who enjoy Superglue say it relaxes you while still leaving you functional and energetic enough for social activities or even a productive afternoon.
- Black Dutch: Black Dutch is a cannabis variety made by crossing Northern Lights, Ortega, Hash Plant, and Afghani. It is known as one of the most potent strains and can be used to treat a variety of conditions, including glaucoma, nausea, depression, chronic pain, muscle cramps, and more. Black Dutch features a spicy pepper aroma and flavor. Medical marijuana patients choose this strain to help relieve symptoms associated with insomnia.
- Jet Fuel: Jet Fuel is a Sativa/Indica well-balanced strain that makes it an excellent choice for energizing properties as well as states of mind close to being focused and concentrated and relaxed. 303 Seeds experts gave birth to one of the most renowned Diesel strains by crossing legendary Aspen OG with High Country Diesel. This marijuana strain has an average THC content that ranges from 16% to 20%, whereas the CBD levels are estimated to be below 1%.
- White 99: 70/30 Sativa-dominated White 99 cannabis is a child strain of two opposites: Cinderella 99 and The White. This refreshing and brightly aromatic strain has inherited a beautiful taste lineage of oranges and lemon with the hints of floral Kush. The smoke smells like citrus, earth and pine
Apollo 13 Experience
Apollo 13 is not just a reference to the space shuttle — rather, it’s a potent and heady strain that offers an almost psychedelic experience. That spaced-out feeling typically only lasts for a few minutes and it will give you the motivated feelings of well-being.
Apollo 13 is a perfect daytime strain bicause of its energizing effects. Apollo 13 consumers can also expect to feel a sense of euphoria. It’s a great strain for those dealing with depression.
Apollo 13 has a very peppery and earthy aroma that can be pleasant for some. But admittedly, its scent may come off as too strong for others.
Apollo 13 features a pungent peppery and earthy smell on the first inspection, but with ingredients such as citrus mixed in. The scent is not for those who want discretion; rather, each to their own.
Apollo 13 Flavors
Although Apollo 13 strain does not have a great aroma, it does do a little better when it comes to its flavors. Instead of the earthy smell you would expect, it has a sweet tea-like taste that would be nicer if the smoke were smoother than it was.
Although there are some people who don’t like the aroma of Apollo 13, it does an excellent job with its flavors. Though this bud has a strong sensation, we must mention that it causes difficulty on the throat.
Apollo 13 Adverse Reaction
One question about Apollo 13 is whether or not people can handle it. It comes with nuisance reactions, but any negative reaction counts as a complication and should be taken seriously.
One of the most common side effects of this medication is to get a headache. This may happen to anyone, but it should not be taken lightly. Staying hydrated is important to reduce the risk of dehydration. Drinking water replenishes your body with fluids and reduces a number key health risks such as headaches, dry eyes or throat. Like with many strains for mental stimulation, it is advised to take the time to enjoy the experience at first.
Apollo 13 Medical Uses
It has been noted that Apollo 13 can cause headaches, though most medical marijuana users give it when they are suffering from a headache.For some people, Apollo 13 can cause headaches like the ones it is used to manage.
Apollo 13 is also an excellent remedy for mild pains and aches. Kratom may assist some people in dealing with stress and depression; it also provides energy to users which can help reduce fatigue.
Medical marijuana patients prize this strain for more than just its rarity, as it also has a range of medicinal applications.
- This strain is said to offer a level of mental stimulation that may be helpful for individuals with ADD/ADHD
- Some medical marijuana consumers use cannabis for its many known benefits, while experiencing side effects as well.
- Often used by people who don’t have the energy to sustain a long work day, this strain can give you an extra boost.
Apollo 13 Growing Info
Growing Apollo 13 cannabis is such a delight for many, and it doesn’t matter if you’re in the middle of winter or summer. As long as one has the proper equipment, they can grow plants from anywhere – even inside their home’s living room.Some strains of cannabis, like the Apollo 13 strain, grow well outdoors and will require less caring for than other pot plants. As such, it makes a good choice as a starter plant for first-time gardeners.
We do not have complete information on growing, but from the little that we know of, it is not a tall plant. So, we can expect a short plant with thicker stems than usual. It does have beautiful dark green buds with sticky trichrome.
It appears that Apollo 13 can be harvested earlier than most Sativa-dominant strains. The estimated yield per square meter ranges between 12 and 16 ounces, depending on the type of indoor garden. The flowering time is 7 to 8 weeks.
As mentioned, Apollo 13 is a great strain for beginners.They don’t need as much maintenance tends to grow quickly and will be ready by mid-September. One plant can give you 16 ounces or more when harvested.
What Are The Reasons To Choose Apollo 13 Strain?
Here are some of the characteristics and the reasons why you should choose the Apollo 13 strain:
- Apollo 13 is less finicky and has large sticky buds
- Apollo 13 has a pungent aroma that’s earthy, peppery and contains citrus notes.
- The taste has a strong herbal flavor and an unpleasant aftertaste.
- The energizing and cerebral effects, as well as the ability to reduce pain make this plant a highly beneficial one.
One thing we found out about this plant from our Apollo 13 review is that the more popular variety is Sativa-dominant, but you don’t have to choose one. There’s also an indica-dominant version of the Apollo 13 strain.
Who Is Apollo 13 More Suitable For?
If you are feeling overwhelmed or stressed on a day-to-day basis, Apollo 13 is the strain for you. Apollo 13 is a (insert type of medication, such as Rx painkiller). It doesn’t provide relief from chronic or severe pain but it can help with migraines, PMS symptoms and any other mild aches.
Apollo 13 is often used for an extra boost to get things done as well at parties where people want to be more energized and have a good time. Growing Apollo 13 can have energizing effects for users, although it should be used with care.
There is no indication that this strain has been used in cooking or edibles. Most people prefer to use it the way it was intended: smoked or vaped.
More people are using Apollo 13 benefits to address a headache or other minor issue.
The intention of this review is to investigate the effects, as well as the nature of these strains. If used as prescribed and purchased from an authorized retailer, this drug can have positive effects on your mood and physical body. Apollo 13 lowers stress and motivates consumers to complete their daily tasks, resulting in a high that can be lacking during busy work weeks.