aka Blackjack, Black Jack Kush
The Black Jack strain is a primarily indica-dominant strain, resulting from crossing Black Domina with Jock Horror. It’ll leave you feeling spacey and heavy headed, yet generally uplifted and energetic. You can even expect some psychedelic effects in addition to the cerebral effects, unlike many strains which offer one or the other. Black Jack has a flavor profile that is very piney and earthy, with some notes of berry underneath.
No card game in the history of all card games is as well known as Black Jack Kush. It is so well known that its use transcends the actual game and has become a catch-all phrase for when something is just the perfect amount – when it hits the spot exactly right.
It is thus extremely fitting that the Black Jack cannabis strain is named as such; with a high THC level that makes it perfect for treating a myriad of medical conditions to its powerful indica dominant effects, Black Jack is a famous and much-loved strain.
Let’s take a look at this unique indica-dominant hybrid and examine how it affects its users, as well as its taste, smell and even how it looks.
- Effects: Giggly, Aroused, Tingly, Creative, Happy
- Taste: Blueberry, Nutty, Pine, Sweet, Vanilla, Herbal, Lemon, Spicy, Woody
- Side Effects: Concern, Thirst and dry mouth, Fatigue
- Helps with: Chronic ADD/ADHD, Chronic Pain, Depression, Fatigue, Nausea, Stress
- Aromas: Berry Earthy, Lemon, Pine, Pungent, Skunky, Spicy
- Lineage: Black Domina and Jock Horror strains
Black Jack Potency
After 2 hits from a clean bong I didn’t notice much of a high. On my initial review of any particular marijuana strain I always pause for 3-5 minutes after 2 hits to see if that dosage is sufficient and to take notice of where in my body the high begins. Normally even weak strains produce at least some minor or early stage high, but by 2 hits I felt nothing.
At the third hit I began to feel a mild high on the very top of my head, and there was a distinct sensation that my energy levels had increased. By 4 hits I was happily high, with all of it situated above the neck. I felt exceptionally energetic and was able to crank out a ton of work while on this strain, and ran 5-6 miles a couple of times over the few days that I smoked it. I felt great!
Black Jack Duration
Black Jack isn’t as potent as strains like Yumboldt, Amnesia or NYC Diesel, but it does have a consistent high, which may be more valuable to some people than a powerful one. Experienced smokers can expect to easily get 2 hours out of Black Jack, and the high will remain consistent after the initial peaking period that lasts for about 5-8 minutes.
Exercise doesn’t seem to reduce the high by much, but eating will quickly degrade it; especially icy cold foods or beverages.
Black Jack Taste & Smell
Black Jack has a remarkable aroma with clear notes of lavender, lemon and sage. While most high-grade cannabis strains invariably possess a high note of ammonia, Black Jack’s high note is something similar to Dr. Bronner’s Pure Castile soap.
Weirdly enough, the fragrant nature of Black Jack does not translate to a similar taste or flavor. In fact, this pot strain is shockingly tasteless. It does leave a bit of a stale aftertaste in your mouth, but this is more of a sensation than a flavor.
Black Jack produces very thick white smoke without resulting in a massive coughing fit. The concentration of this smoke is reduced as the outer layers of it burn off, which tells me that the strain might have been dried out a little too soon.
Black Jack Type of High
Black Jack marijuana induces uplifting cerebral high followed by body relaxing. Uplifts mood, alleviates depression, relieves stress, stimulates appetite. Promotes sleep, controls pain, helps with muscle cramps and tightness.
Black Jack Experience
Black Jack marijuana strain has a pure fruity smell that hits the back of your palate, especially when smoking from a vaporizer. It makes the strain with the tastiest buds. Additionally, Black Jack marijuana strain provides a full body relaxation together with mental activity. It’s a great strain for holiday burning when there are lots of things to be done and a lot of stress situations to deal with. Black Jack will make your brain run wild, so don’t expect to get sleepy or lie on the coach. What is even more important, it would help you deal with the members of your family. If you have problems with appetite, a couple hits of Black Jack marijuana strain would make you forget about that problem.
Black Jack Appearance and Feel
The Black Jack marijuana strain is richly colored with different shades of healthy green. There are a few orange, brown and even some yellow hairs here and there, but overall this strain is pretty green.
Black Jack buds are partly dense and partly brittle; the buds are inconsistent in that one end may be nicely formed but then taper down to a weak section. Despite this the buds are stickier than most that I’ve found in Barcelona.
Black Jack Strain Grow Info
- Flowering time: 75 – 86 Days
- Harvest time: 92 Days
- Yield indoor: 0.5 – 1 Oz/Ft² (~ 300 g/m²)
- Yield outdoor: 1 – 2 Oz/plant (~ 400 g/plant)
- Height indoor: 30-60
- Height outdoor: 30-60
- Grow difficulty: Easy
- Flowering type: Photoperiod
Blackjack brings together two of the finest strains from opposite ends of the indica-sativa spectrum. By fusing Black Domina with Jack Herer, breeders created a devastatingly dank hybrid that harnesses all of the strengths and eliminates the few flaws of her parents. A powerful, energetic high starts in the head and permeates the whole body.
In the grow-op, some variation is to be expected, but most plants will be ready for harvest after 8-9 weeks of bloom. Blackjack grows to a medium-tall size with prolific side-branching. Moreover, this strain will thrive in a variety of substrates, and is suitable for most grow styles from SOG to ScrOG. Oversized, frosty nugs with a smooth, earthy flavor and a subtly sweet grapefruit aftertaste are not to be missed.
THC Content – Highest Test
As mentioned, Black Jack has an intensely high level of THC on average, roughly 17%-19% on average, with an upper limit of around 25%.
If you can get your hands on a strong batch, you can expect some of the strongest marijuana that you can find, so Black Jack is absolutely worth it if you can get your hands on it.
CBD Content – Highest Test
As is the case with pretty much every single Hybrid strain bred to possess the highest quantity of THC possible, Black Jack does not have a decent level of CBD.
You can expect highs of up to 1% CBD content, which is at least somewhat decent enough to enjoy a few medicinal benefits, but the general average is around 0.8% CBD content.
Black Jack Medical Benefits
- THC: 18.0 – 20.0%
- CBD: 0.38 – 0.77%
- CBC: 0.27 – 1.41%
- CBG: 0.27 – 2.01%
- CBN: 0.07 – 0.2%
- THCV: 0.22 – 2.0%
Black Jack’s high THC levels and long-lasting effects make it a popular choice for medical marijuana patients treating a number of ailments and conditions.
- Medical cannabis consumers often pick up this strain for chronic pain management. Black Jack has inherited much of the body-numbing effects of Black Domina
- However, Black Jack is not as sleepy as a full Indica strain. Rather, this strain works well for afternoon and evening symptom relief
- This strain is also popular among medical marijuana patients seeking relief from depression, anxiety, and lack of appetite. Not only does Black Jack cause a bad case of the munchies, this strain is sweet and uplifting
- It’s not uncommon to find that this strain lifts mood and eases away worries and stress
Black Jack’s effects, when considered from a medical point of view, might be far too similar to many other indica leaning hybrids out there.
With a high THC level and a powerful, mood-lifting effect, Black Jack is excellent for helping to alleviate stress and depression, as well as help to treat chronic pains.
Though this is all very familiar to users of indica hybrids, Black Jack possesses one crucial quality that many other strains completely lack – longevity. You can expect the high, and thus the effects, of Black Jack to last long into the night, allowing the user to experience the full force of its effects for hours and hours.
This is why Black Jack is used to help treat intense stress and fatigue after long days, as the mellow, calming effects will continue all the way up until you are ready to go to sleep.
Thanks to the fact that Black Jack doesn’t actually send you to sleep, unlike many other powerful indica hybrids, you can safely use Black Jack to decompress and go about your day, all while treating whatever medical condition you need to treat with Black Jack’s high THC content.
However, one further medical condition that Black Jack is able to help treat is muscle spasms; though not frequently reported among many other strains, Black Jack is great at assisting the suppression of intense muscle spasms that could otherwise prove quite debilitating.
Users looking for help in this way often take Black Jack throughout their day in small doses to help keep the spasms under control.
Possible Side Effects of the Black Jack Strain
In the same way that the initial medical effects of Black Jack are almost banal in their familiarity, so too are the side effects. You can expect dry mouth and a smaller chance for dry eyes, so make sure you keep a fresh glass of water on hand.
Some users report instances of increased anxiety when using Black Jack, as well as prolonged periods of dizziness, so it is best for you to stay away from Black Jack or any other high THC strain if you are prone to these conditions.
One of the great things about marijuana strains, especially the especially strong ones, is that you only suffer minimal side effects when compared to other mainstream drugs.
As long as you can handle some dry mouth and a risk of some dizziness, Black Jack is perfectly fine to take in the morning, afternoon or nighttime.
Black Jack Effects Similar Strains
- Super Sour OG Strain: also known as Super SourKush, is an evenly balanced hybrid strain created through a somewhat complicated cross of (Blueberry X Sour Diesel X OG Kush) X Lost Coast OG. Even with all of these celebrity parents contributing to its genes, Super Sour Kush stands tall on its own with a lip-puckering flavor and long-lasting giggly effects. Super Sour Kush has a sweet berry flavor that takes a harsh puckering zesty lemon turn upon exhale. The smell is of lemony diesel and sweet berries, with a sour pungency that can be overwhelming if you’re not used to it. If you can get past the flavor, get ready for cerebral heavy high that can induce anxiety if you’re not careful. It hits you first with a euphoric boost that leaves you feeling insanely focused and happy.
- Candy Cane Strain: The strain from Crop King Seeds received its name after the sweet and delicious taste reminding of a lollipop. Candy Cane cannabis is a three-way cross between AK-47, White Widow and Mango. Such genetics has made this 70/30 Indica hybrid lots of fans who love it for the diverse effects and pleasant flavors.
- Member OG Strain: Member OG is a rare hybrid created by ETHOS Genetics as a limited edition. It is a cross between Member Berry 21 and Temple Kush with a 21% level of THC. Those who did manage to try this marijuana mark its sweet berry taste at the beginning, which is replaced by peppery aftertastes. For some, it may have a slight skunk scent, but generally, everyone loves the sweet and floral tones.
- Mango Sapphire Strain: Mango Sapphire is the creation of the Humboldt Seed Organization for those who experience a lot of negative emotions or are struggling with depression. This strain is the result of a cross between three parents: OG Kush, Afghan, and Bubba’s Gift. Leaning towards Indica, cannabis has an 85/15 ratio.
Black Jack provides a sufficient and notably energetic high, presumably because of its high concentration of Sativa. This is an excellent strain for people who seek an active high that allows them to function at full capacity. Unfortunately, the Sativa content reduces the potency of the type of high that I prefer, so my overall rating for this strain is 4 stars. I’d be very interested in trying this strain at 65/35 Indica/Sativa because I think that just might be the ultimate combination for a high that kicks your ass while still allowing you to kick ass.